SafetyWing is a monthly subscription travel medical insurance that covers people from all over the world, while outside their home country.
- SafetyWing cover includes medical cover if you are suddenly in an accident or fall sick while you are outside your home country and need medical assistance.
- SafetyWing cover includes travel cover for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response, natural disasters and personal liability.
SafetyWing is the world’s first International Travel Medical Insurance developed to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and remote workers travelling or living abroad worldwide.
SafetyWing are building a global safety net for digital nomads, starting with their first product – SafetyWing travel medical insurance – for only $37/ 4 Weeks (Ages 18-39, other ages available. Travel to US adds $31 per 4 weeks).
Choose start-date and it automatically extends until you cancel, unless you choose an end-date (like a subscription). There is no cap on the duration of a travel.
SafetyWing has worldwide coverage and limited home country coverage. It is available for purchase in 180 countries and can be purchased when already traveling.
SafetyWing end-goal is a borderless community membership, that gives you banking, insurance and a passport.
What makes SafetyWing stand out from the others?
- Reliable: SafetyWing is a Y-Combinator company and the policy is administered by Tokio Marine, one of the largest insurance companies in the world.
- Flexible: it works like a subscription, you can choose your start date and cancel any time. There is no cap on the duration of the trip and no need to know how long you’ll be travelling in advance. You can set up monthly auto-renewal payments to avoid having your coverage expire and forgetting to renew in time.
- Affordable! Travel medical coverage starts from $37/4 weeks. This is 1/3rd of the price of the biggest competitor for similar coverage.
- Offers worldwide coverage as well as limited home country coverage (up to 30 days every 3 months).
- Available for purchase in 180 countries and can be purchased while already traveling.
- Always available, offering 24/7 support when a person is in need. Also comes with a network of medical partners.
- Young children included: 1 young child per adult (up to 2 per family) aged between 14 days and 10 years old can be included on the insurance without added cost.
SafetyWing Reads for Digital Nomads
- Blog post by Digital Nomad Soul highlights the good as well as the aspects of SafetyWing policy that they need to work on and improve.
- Atlas & Boots – Safest Countries for Expats.
- Sergi Mateo – Real life lessons about being a digital nomad and working remotely.
- Where in the World is Nina – Becoming a Digital Nomad – Realities and Resources.
- In my Suitcase – 5 non material things a freelance digital nomad needs.
- Nicolas Colin – 10 Startups Coming to save the Social Safety Net.
Get Insurance for Backpacking and Volunteering Abroad
If you live, work, study, retire or holiday abroad – you should know what is the correct insurance cover for you. Travel insurance for backpacking and short term volunteering covers emergency health situations when overseas. It’s not the same as International health insurance. For this reason, travel insurance should be used in conjunction with a good health insurance policy in your home country. Get Insurance for Backpacking and Volunteering Abroad.