Experience Off-Grid Living Spain. We usually have volunteer helpers onsite from all over the world, who stay for anything between a week and over a year. We are more open to long-term volunteers as this would enable me to put more emphasis on the aspects of healing and teaching inner work.
Experience Off-Grid Living Spain – Stay Overview
Experience Off-Grid Living in Spain – Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: Approx. 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation and full board together
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Tasks & Roles
We try to live as self-sufficient as possible using sun & wind power with ecological cultivation of veggies, fruit and herbs. We have some animals including milk goats, chickens, 5 horses & 2 dogs. We always use natural medicine and recycle/reuse what we can, respecting and adapting to the norms of permaculture. Part of the land is used as pasture. We plant many trees and keep some of the 27 hectares simply as is, to see what nature can do. We have been WWOOF members for over 25 years. As well as showing an interest in holistic living, you will help with the following tasks:
- Farm work.
- House maintenance.
- Ongoing building projects.
- The general running of the farm.
- A willingness to learn, practise and teach ways of holistic healing.
Hours & Roster
- We ask for 4-6 hours help per a day. We are flexible with days off.
- Preferably 2 weeks +, but longer stays preferred.
Sleeping: You will sleep and share rooms with other volunteers in our 100 year old farm house. We live there too.
Linen & Laundry: We can provide linen and towels. We have laundry facilities on-site.
Eating: We prepare and eat all meals together. You will live with us, as one of us.
Transport: We are situated at 1500m altitude, surrounded by nature, inside Spain’s biggest natural park, the’Parque Natural de las Sierras de Cazorla, Segura y Las Villas’. There are no neighbours nearer than one hour, the nearest villages are 2-3 hrs walking or 1.5 hrs by car. On confirmation of stay, we will let you know the best way to get to us.
Experience Off-Grid Living Spain – What Else…
Amenities & Preferences
- No limit to how many people come (except in winter) as we usually have a few good projects going, and had a few times up to 25 people & a very good time
- No gender preference, all nationalities welcome.
- We can accommodate couples in double rooms. As well we can accept volunteers who come together as friends.
- No minimum age as kids are welcome very much. We had quite a few moms with babies or small kids. Aalso we had good experiences with younger teens less than 18.
- Internet access is available sometimes.
- Languages spoken: Español English Deutsch & Français.
- Own travel insurance recommended.