We are starting a social enterprise with ex-prisoners developing all kinds of designs (from gadgets to buildings) made of waste materials (bottles, cans, tires). The ideal candidates are brave, adventurous, handy and open-minded.
Help Develop Zero waste Eco-designs in Tanzania – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Accommodation & full board on working days
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, local transport, personal expenses & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me why you’d like to volunteer with us & the added value you can bring to our social enterprise
Tasks & Roles
Experience in (or the willingness to experiment with) working with recycled material, renewable energy, water harvesting, farming. Volunteers interested in marketing/sales/fundraising also most welcome.
You will be part of introducing a completely new concept in Tanzania and doing this with a very dedicated local team. You will be living in a local area where interaction with Tanzanians is easy-going and you will be experiencing the challenging but interesting life as a foreigner in Africa. You will learn all about crisis-management where laughter is more important than anything and you will fall in love with the heart-warming hospitality of Tanzania.
Arusha is a beautiful destination in close proximity of Mount Kilimanjaro and the Serengeti -one of the most fascinating wildlife parks in the world. Tanzania also has a magic coast and the life here is relaxed and safe. I am a single mum with a 14-year old daughter and we live in a rain-forest area on the slopes of Mount Meru with our 4 dogs, 2 cats and giant tortoise.
- Sleeping: There is a two-bedroom cottage in the garden that can be used if not rented by guests. You can also pitch a tent in our big garden. Showers and toilets both in the cottage and the main house.
- Linen & Laundry: Linen provided. Use of laundry facilities at an extra cost.
- Eating: Food is provided on the days of work. There are plenty of restaurants in town for leisure days, or use of cooking facilities onsite.
- Transport: The nearest airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport. Transport to and from point of arrival is NOT included in the package. On agreement of stay we will provide details on how best to reach us.
Amenities & Preferences
- I accept both males, females & couples volunteers.
- Internet available at an extra cost.
- Must be easygoing, tolerant and committed.
- In the event a volunteer refuses to work, accommodation will be charged