Coffee and Cacao Farm and Cafe in Ecuador? Learn about growing, harvesting, processing, and marketing Coffee and Chocolate at our organic farm and historical Cafe in Ecuador. The farm is two hours from Quito. Our Cafe is in Quito. We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to stay with us and help in our Coffee shop and on our farm.
Coffee and Cacao Farm and Cafe in Ecuador – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Free accommodation & meals
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance. We require that every volunteer produces proof of medical insurance cover while in Ecuador.
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
We ask for a $100 Refundable deposit which will be returned on leaving if the following criteria are met:
- The volunteer arrives on the day committed.
- The volunteer remains with us until the day committed.
- Nothing is damaged or missing during the volunteers stay.
Tasks & Roles
Tasks you’ll be helping with will include:
- Processing and roasting coffee and making chocolate.
- Helping with our tourist clientele at the Cafe.
- At the farm, you’ll help with harvesting coffee and chocolate.
Hours & Roster
- Five hours per day, five days per week.
Sleeping: Volunteers stay for free at the farm.
Linen & Laundry: Bed linen included. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: At the Café, three meals are provided but not on Sundays. At the farm, we provide food for a vegetarian diet with most items coming from our farm.
Transport: You can reach us easily by bus from the airport. More details can be provided on confirmation of stay. On Google maps, you’ll find the farm near the town of Guanabana which is located between the larger towns of Pacto or Gualea.
Amenities & Preferences
- Preferred minimum stay 2 weeks +.
- 9 places available.
- We welcome friends, couples and people of all ages. If you’re a family, please check with us first.
- Gain Experience: in Chocolate and coffee production.